This last weekend was the General Relief Society Meeting. Relief Society is an organization of women that are 18 years of age and older. I was unable to attend the meeting on Saturday, but, today I was able to access the meeting here.
I loved President Uchtdorf's talk. Here are some things he shared:

"We all have talents and gifts! Everyone of us..Creation means bringing into existence something that did not exist before...colorful gardens, harmonious homes, family memories, flowing laughter. What you create does not have to be perfect. Don't let the fear of failure discourage you. Don't let the voice of critics paralyze you, whether that voice comes from the outside or the inside."
He then suggested that we start small. Some ideas he shared were:
See how many smiles you can create. (Loved that one)
Write a letter of appreciation.
Learn a new skill.
Identify a space and beautify it.
Another thing he said was:
"The number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness, but the number of prayers we answer may be of even greater importance. Let us open our eyes and see the heavy hearts, notice the loneliness and despair, let us feel the silent prayers of others around us, and let us be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to answer those prayers."
The main thing I took from this talk was that each of us are of worth and YES all the good things we do each day DO matter and DO count. Can we always do better? Of course. But, with the Lord's help we can strive to do the best that we can at the particular moment and stage in our lives.
I loved this quote he shared also:
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves."
James Perry, author of Peter Pan






1 comment:
I loved that last quote. I didn't have any paper with me, so I typed it into my cell phone so I wouldn't forget it!
Post a Comment